We hope everyone is having a wonderful summer. The Fall soccer season will be here before we know it, so you will start seeing more emails from your team manager/coach and SSC in the next few weeks as we prepare for the upcoming season. A couple reminders and important dates in the meantime:
1. Kick-off meeting is on Monday 8/7 in the Lecture Hall at Solon High School at 7pm. Hope to see you all there.
2. Practice begins on Tuesday 8/8 at Glenwillow from 6-7:15pm for U8-U11 and 7:15-8:30 pm for U12-U15. We will continue to practice every Tuesday & Wednesday from 8/8 at Glenwillow through mid/late October. We will likely have to adjust start and end times as the season progresses due to shortened day light hours.
3. SHS/SSC Combined practice is Saturday August 19th in the morning. More details to follow.
4. First fall game for most teams from U9-U15 will be Sunday August 20th. If you know your son will not be available that day, please let your coach/team manager know. Schedules will only be finalized sometime after the 1st week in August. Once we have the fall schedule, all games will be added to each team’s online calendar, which you can sync with your own calendar on your phone, tablet or computer. Teams will likely have games every Sunday through mid to late October. If you need help with subscribing to the online calendar, let us know.
5. SSC Night @ Solon Comets is Thursday 8/31 at the high school stadium. JV plays at 5pm; Varsity at 7pm. Solon plays St. Ignatius which is always a fantastic game - so please plan on attending, we want as many SSC players and parents to come and support the Comets. St Ignatius is a very good team and has won States many times, so will be very good soccer to watch and a great learning opportunity for all the SSC boys. Boys will get in for free if they are wearing their blue SSC jersey and all SSC players will be introduced on the field at half time.
6. Most SSC Teams will be participating in the Ohio Travel Cup Tournament, which will be played in Lodi and surrounding areas the weekend of October 7th & 8th. Schedules are not available until a week before, so please put this on your calendar now. Look out for more details from your team manager and/or coach as the season begins.
7. Please make sure to download the SportsEngine App that works along with our new website. You can select your son’s team as a favorite and all game information and practice schedule will be available on the App.
8. Also please make sure that whoever you want to receive SSC emails has been added to your sports engine account. Most club wide emails will come through sports engine. Team Managers/coaches will still send regular emails for team related information. If you need help adding a second parent email to your account to receive emails, please let us know. Also if you have not been receiving the club wide emails we have sent over the summer, let us know as well. There have only been a handful, but we want to make sure everyone is receiving them.
9. A club wide email was sent out last week regarding ball boys for the high school games in the Fall, as well as our new tradition of SSC players walking on with varsity players. Please make sure to read it and sign your son up to ball boy and/or walk on the varsity players for one of the days his team is assigned. If you didn't get the email, you can find the information on our website at http://www.solonsoccerclub.com/page/show/3497820-ssc-comet-ball-boy-program. If your son is not able to ball boy the day his team is assigned, he is welcome to ball boy any other game. However U9-U11 boys can only ball boy JV games. You can sign your son up at www.tinyurl.com/2017-SSC-Ball-Boys. If you have any questions or have issues with the online sign up, just let us know.
Hope to see many of you at the Kick-off meeting on Monday 8/7.
Solon Soccer Club.